Our flyball and agility instructor, Jen is a great example of someone who loves to train and trial. All of Jen's dogs play multiple sports - flyball, agility, dock jumping are her favourites. Jen knows that:
- It takes a lot of treats to train multiple dogs in multiple sports.
- Using a variety of training rewards is a good way of keeping your dog engaged.
- Salmon patties (recipe below)
- Meatballs (recipe below)
- Tuna Fudge
- Hot dogs (sliced into rounds, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake until firm)
- Spam (cubed, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake until firm)
Got a favourite recipe that you're willing to share? Send it in and I'll include it in my next post!
- 1 can salmon, drained and smashed up with a fork
- 1 egg, beaten
- Italian bread crumbs
This is super simple. Take lean ground meat (I use chicken or beef) and make little balls. Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 until they are cooked. Store when cooled in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.